April 3, 2013
7:00 pm Caretaker’s Residence
|Jason Kentner (Pres.)||Dave Snow||Beth Vogt|
|Maddy Weisz (VP)||Bryant Fried (ComFest)||Andy Klein (Treasurer)|
|Eric Anderson (Secretary)||Greg Krobot|
|Missy Ricksecker||Garett Heysel|
|Stan Sells||Pat Lewis|
|Julie Hallan (Vol. Coord.)||Rick Miller (Rec/Parks)|
Call to Order
ACTION ITEM – Review/Approve Minutes from March Meeting.
Motion (Heysel/Ricksecker) to approve the minutes of the March 6, 2013 meeting. Motion approved.
Bryant expressed concern about the lack of assistance cleaning Goodale Park after Red, White and Boom. Typically some Comfest volunteers come out to clean, but they want help. Julie told the group that she already has a call out for volunteers for cleanup of Goodale Park after RW&B, and she is willing to run the volunteer cleanup.
Issue: Does FGP have resources (staff and money) that we can provide to assist with cleaning the park after RWB? Bryant was asking for $600 to find, fund, and supervise staff to clean up Goodale Park after RWB.
Comfest will provide $400 to FGP for the Volunteer Coordinator (Julie) to take the lead with our partners to lead a cleanup effort in Goodale Park after RW&B. Seconded by Krobot.
Discussion: Missy suggested that we add $600 from FGP. Bryant indicated that Comfest provides three golf carts and eight people. Food is provided during cleanup. Comfest staff starts at 4:00 setting up trash cans. They need people to switch out trash containers as they are filled.
Jason suggested that since SNCA provides the police presence, that the staff/volunteers would be coordinated by SNC.
Heysel amended his motion to table the discussion until we have input from SNCA. Seconded by Ricksecker. Discussion: Greg wondered if there is any evidence that SNC would have any interest at all in coordinating this effort? Julie doesn’t think that SNC should coordinate this, and that it should be FGP and/or Comfest. Jason feels that we (Julie) should coordinate volunteers.
Heysel further amended his motion:
Create an ad hoc committee with Julie, Bryant, and others who are interested to discuss how best to coordinate the leadership of this effort, then report back to the larger group at our next meeting. (Seconded by Anderson). Motion passed.
Action item: we will need report back from the ad hoc committee
Volunteer Coordinator (Julie)
Regular work day scheduled for this Saturday, 9-noon.
Earth Day Activities/Assignments:
Action item: Payment for registration
Treasurer Update (Andy)
Andy not present, Jason reported one item:
Received grant request $5,000 for Fish Gate project. Since we didn’t receive the other grant money, we can’t move forward with this.
Motion from Stan: that we give the money back.
Discussion: Garett asked Stan to ask the granter to request that we keep it for 12 months while we pursue more funding. The grant money is time-sensitive, but Stan is willing to ask for an extension. Jason will write a letter asking how flexible the money is.
Recreation & Parks Coordinator (Rick M.)
Operations Committee (Rick F.)
Motion for up to $1500 ($300 – $600 for labor (Greg Maynard)) for seeding and fertilizing of the turf park-wide, starting on the weekend of April 6. This would use funds provided from Comfest for turf restoration. (Frantz/Anderson).
Discussion: Jason asked about the nature of the seed. Missy asked if this could be discussed in their committee. Motion passed.
Action item: move forward with turf restoration
Greg Krobot brought up the subject of painting park benches.
Motion: $1000 to pay for painting of the benches around the pond prior to the fountain dedication. (Krobot/Sells). No discussion; motion passed.
Action item: Krobot will coordinate the painting.
Next Meeting – Work Day this Saturday April 6 (9am)
Earth Day 4/20 (ALL HANDS)
Communications Committee (Missy)
Motion for Training – Pay Marc $50/hr for BOT Training (Anderson/Krobot) Persons to coordinate: Jason, Julie, Missy, Eric, Rick will coordinate a time to meet together with Marc. No discussion; Motion Passed.
Action needed: schedule training and pay Marc
Next Meeting – April 30th at Missy’s
Development Committee (Stan)
Next Meeting – Monday April 15 @ 7:30pm
Events & Outreach Committee (Maddy)
Jason talked with Albert about an intern who would work on a master plan. Response was positive, he will continue the conversation.
Meeting concluded at 8:30.