The Friends of Goodale Park was notified by the Ohio History Connection (formerly the Ohio Historical Society) that FGP was among the recipients of the OHC 2014 State Historic Preservation Office Awards for the restoration of the 1870 Goodale Gates on West Goodale Street.
The award was presented on Saturday, October 18, 2014 during the State Historic Preservation Office Awards Luncheon at the Ohio History Center in Columbus.
Stan Sells accepted the award on behalf of FGP. It was a distinct honor for FGP to be recognized for the restoration/preservation of this important historic element of Goodale Park.
In addition, Columbus Recreation and Parks Department, Rogers Krajnak Engineering, Quality Masonary Company and smARTworks were recognized for their respective roles in the restoration of the gates.
Pictured above, left to right: Stan Sells (FGP Trustee), Rick Miller (Columbus Recreation and Parks), Peter Krajnak (Rogers Krajnak Architects), Steve Bush (smARTworks), Justin Bower (Quality Masonry) and Burt Logan (CEO, Ohio History Connection).